It is time to celebrate mothers everywhere. The one special day when you can put the spotlight on one of the most important women in your life – your mom. As the premier eco-friendly dry cleaning alternative in Kitsilano, we would like to offer you some of our favourite Mother’s Day spots and activities in and around Vancouver.
A great way to start off any Mother’s Day is to take her out for a brunch or breakfast. Some of the more popular brunches around Vancouver include:
- Dockside Restaurant – This popular Mother’s Day brunch has the added bonus of being located on Granville Island.
- Arc is located at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel and includes a kid’s buffet station, desserts and carving stations of various hot meats.
- Boulevard Kitchen and Oyster Bar. This award winning upscale seafood restaurant offers a wide selection sure to please everyone, especially mom.
If breakfast or brunch isn’t a possibility, a nice dinner out is another great option. Here are some of our favourite Mother’s Day dining choices.
- Anywhere on 4th Kitsilano is home to a wide range of excellent restaurant choices that include ethnic as well as fine and casual dining. Take a stroll before Mother’s Day and see which restaurants appeal to mom.
- Vij’s. One of Vancouver’s most popular restaurants. Vij’s offers fusion Indian as well as cocktails and a wide range of appetizers.
- One of Vancouver’s homegrown trendy chins. Take mom out for a casual meal at the Keg, Cactus Club or Earls.
Book early to avoid disappointment as many of these popular venues tend to fill up quickly.
Take mom out for a shopping spree or a spa date this Mother’s Day. Plan the entire day and get a head start by going early to West 4th and doing some window shopping at the many great boutique clothing stores. There is something to please everyone, even the hardest to shop for mom.
Go for a Walk
If the weather is nice, head down for a stroll on one of the many great beaches or trails in Vancouver. Some of our favourites include:
- Kitsilano Beach. Make an entire day of the Kitsilano area with a walk on the beach, a shop on 4th and a dinner at one of the many great restaurants.
- Stanley Park. Pick a trail or walk the famous Seawall with mom.
- Spanish Banks. Another great Vancouver beach. Try to catch it at low tide.
Take Care of the Chores
Give mom the day off and tackle the household chores or better yet, let us do your laundry for the day. We offer a convenient and complimentary pickup and delivery service which means that you can spend more time with mom and less time on chores. Our eco-friendly cleaning process will have all your clothes clean and chemical free.
If you would like more great suggestions on how to spend your Mother’s Day in Vancouver or are interested in our many eco-friendly cleaning services, please contact us today. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff look forward to serving you.
Happy Mother’s Day from West Boulevard Cleaners.